牛津大学- 如何用英语表达讽刺 How to Use Sarcasm in English

Hello, I’m Mia. Welcome to Oxford Online English! 嗨,我是 Mia.接待收听 Oxford Online Englis…

Hello, I’m Mia. Welcome to Oxford Online English!

嗨,我是 Mia.接待收听 Oxford Online English!

In this lesson, you can learn about how to be sarcastic in English.

Imagine your friend has an exam.

本节课,你可以进修若何用英语表达嘲讽。

假如你的朋侪有一个测验。

Your friend is really lazy, doesn’t study at all, and fails the exam.

Someone says to your friend: It’s surprising that you failed, after all the hard work you did.

你的朋侪真的很懒,一点也没进修,以是在测验中挂掉了。

有人对你的朋侪说:你没经由过程测验真是太使人不测了,究竟结果你那末尽力进修。

This is an example of sarcasm.

In this lesson, we’ll look at how you can be sarcastic in English, along with some key words and phrases you can learn to practice your new humour!

这是嘲讽的一个例子。

本节课,咱们将看看你若何用英语表达嘲讽,同时你还可以进修利用一些关头词和短语来操练新式诙谐。

Let’s get started. Part One: What is Sarcasm?

让咱们起头吧。第一部门:甚么是嘲讽?

Sarcasm means saying the opposite of what you mean in order to make fun of someone.

It’s very co妹妹on in the UK and often leads to confusion when you’re learning English!

嘲讽的意思是说一些意思相反的话从而来取笑或人。

这在英国事很常见的,当你学英语的时辰经常会因其引发狐疑。

British humour is famous for using a lot of sarcasm with a very straight face, so many people find it hard to tell when British people are joking or being serious.

Now, you don’t need to be confused anymore, let’s take a look at some examples of sarcasm so that you can see what it looks like!

英式诙谐因绷着脸利用大量的嘲讽而出名,以是不少人发明分辨英国人究竟是在开打趣仍是真严厉是很难的。

如今,你不必要再狐疑了,让咱们来看几个嘲讽的例子,如许你就可以晓得是怎样回事了!

For example, imagine you see your co-worker sitting at his desk with his feet up, reading a magazine.

You could say: You look busy!

比方,假如你瞥见你的同事瘫坐着把脚放在桌子上,正在看一本杂志。

你可以说:你看起来真忙啊!

Or: I see you’re working hard! Now, your co-worker is not really busy or working hard.

或:我看你事情得真尽力!你的同事并无很忙或尽力事情。

By saying the opposite of what he’s doing, you are using sarcasm to create humour in the situation and make fun of your co-worker.

Ready to learn how to be sarcastic?

经由过程描写和他正在做的事相反的举动,你就是在这类环境下利用嘲讽来表达诙谐,取笑你的同事。

筹备勤学习若何表达嘲讽了么?

Part Two: When to be sarcastic.

Okay, now that we’ve looked at what sarcasm is, let’s take a look at when to be sarcastic.

第二部门:何时用嘲讽。

既然咱们已晓得了甚么是嘲讽,让咱们看看何时可以用嘲讽。

As sarcasm is a type of humour that responds to a situation, firstly it’s important to know which situations work well with sarcasm. The first situation is when something bad happens to you.

嘲讽是一种诙谐,回应一件事,起首要晓得哪一种事例中利用嘲讽是得当的。第一种环境是当某件欠好的事产生在你身上时。

Imagine that you’ve just made yourself a slice of toast. You put butter on it—and then you drop it onto the carpet!

假如你刚给本身切了一单方面包。涂上黄油——接着你把它掉在地毯上了!

The butter is all over your new carpet. In this situation you might say something like: Great.

黄油沾满了你的新地毯。在这类环境下,你可以这么说:太棒了。

Fantastic. Brilliant.

好极了。很好。

Of course, this is not great, fantastic or brilliant at all! You are being sarcastic.

固然了,这一点也不棒,更别说好极了或很好!你是在表达嘲讽。

In the UK, this response is co妹妹on when something goes wrong.

Remember that we only use it with small things that are annoying, not something really serious or dangerous.

在英国,这类反响在某事犯错的时辰是很常见的。

记着咱们只对一些烦人的小事利用嘲讽,而不是一些真的严厉或伤害的事。

The next situation is very similar.

You can use sarcasm when somebody else does something wrong.

下一种环境很类似。

当或人也做了某件错事时,你可使用嘲讽表达。

Imagine that your friend is making a drink.

When he goes to sit down, he spills it all over himself.

假如你的朋侪正在喝工具。

当他筹算坐下的时辰,他撒了本身一身。

You could use this opportunity to be sarcastic by saying something like: Well done. Or: Great job.

你可以捉住此次机遇利用嘲讽,像如许说:干得不错。或:干得好。

As you can see, you are saying the opposite of what you might think.

Another time we might use sarcasm is when somebody says something that’s so obvious that it sounds a little stupid.

正如你看到的,你说了和你想的相反的话。

下一次咱们可以在或人说了一些很较着听起来有点犯蠢的话时,利用嘲讽语。

Imagine that your friend says: Did you know that Madrid is the capital of Spain? You might say: No.

假如你的朋侪说:你晓得马德里是西班牙的首都吗?你可以说:不晓得。

Really? I did not know that.

真的吗?我不晓得呢。

Of course, you did know that and by using a sarcastic response, you can make the situation funny.

You can also use sarcasm when something unsurprising happens.

固然,你固然晓得,经由过程用嘲讽回应,你可让状态变得有趣。

当某件料想以内的事产生时,你也能够用嘲讽。

Imagine that your friend is writing an essay for a history class.

He’s not very good at history, he doesn’t study and he writes the essay very quickly, an hour before the he has to hand it in.

假如你的朋侪正在为汗青课写一篇论文。

他不是很长于汗青,他不进修但是他写得很是快,比交稿时候提早了一个小时就写完了。

Unsurprisingly, he gets an ‘F’ on his essay. When your friend tells you: I got an ‘F’ on my history essay.

绝不不测地,他的论文患了 “F”。

当你的朋侪奉告你:我汗青论文患了“F”。

Of course, you’re not surprised at all. You might say something like: I’m shocked!

固然了,你一点也不为此感触诧异。你可以像如许说:我太受惊了!

Or: No one saw that coming!

Of course, there are many other situations where you could be sarcastic, but these are the main ones to remember.

或:谁也想不到会如许!

固然了,有不少你可使用嘲讽的环境,可是这些重要的可以记着。

It’s important to remember that sarcasm should be used in light situations where you want to make a joke.

Be careful not to use it if the situation is more serious or if someone’s upset—you don’t want to offend them!

很首要的一点是要记着嘲讽应当被用于轻松的场所,你想要开打趣。

谨慎不要在严厉的场所或是或人情感低沉时利用——你不会想干犯他人的!

Part Three: How to be Sarcastic.

Now that you have a good idea of when to use sarcasm, let’s look at some key phrases and expressions you might use when you’re being sarcastic.

第三部门:若何嘲讽。既然你晓得了何时利用嘲讽,那让咱们看一些你可能会在表达嘲讽时用到的关头短语和表达方法吧。

A lot of sarcastic responses tend to be short phrases or interjections.

Like all humour, sarcasm depends partly on responding quickly, so it works well with short responses.

不少嘲讽回应都是一些简短的短语或插入语。

像所有的诙谐同样,嘲讽部门寄托快速回应,以是利用简短的回应会比力好。

Imagine that your friend offers to help you paint your new apartment. You’re working hard.

假如你的朋侪愿意帮忙你粉刷你的新公寓。你很尽力地干活。

You’ve almost finished two walls already, and then you look over and see that your friend hasn’t even painted half of one wall yet!

You might say: Great job.

你已差未几刷完两面墙了,你看向你的朋侪却发明他连一壁墙的一半尚未刷完!

你可以说:干得好。

Thanks for the help. Take your time.

真感激你的帮忙。渐渐来。

These phrases make the situation humorous through sarcasm.

Be careful you don’t sound too annoyed when you say them!

这些短语经由过程嘲讽使场景变得诙谐起来。注重说的时辰不要听起来过于朝气了!

These phrases are useful in other situations, too.

For example, if your friend is helping you cook dinner and he burns it, you could also say: Good job!

这些短语一样合用于其他场景。

好比,若是你的朋侪帮你做晚饭,而他把菜烧焦了,你也能够说:干得不错!

Or: Thanks for the help. As you can see, these phrases would work well in a lot of different situations.

或:真是感谢你帮手了。正如你所见,这些短语在不少分歧场景同样见效。

Later, the same friend tells you he has to cook for twenty people at a dinner party this weekend.

Having seen his lack of cooking skills, you say: Good luck with that.

晚些时辰,仍是这个朋侪奉告你他这周末必需为20小我建造派对晚宴。

见地了他厨艺的缺点后,你说:祝你好运。

That’ll be fun. If one of your friends tells a bad joke that isn’t very funny, you could say: That’s so funny.

那会颇有趣。若是你的一个朋侪讲了一个不是很可笑的嘲笑话,你可以说:那真是太可笑了。

Hilarious. Can you see how saying the opposite of what you mean makes something sarcastic?

风趣极了。你能看出说和本身意思相反的话是若何表达嘲讽的吗?

When you remember that, it’s very easy to be sarcastic in these situations!

By learning and using short phrases like these, you can be sarcastic in a range of situations very easily.

当你记着这点,在这些环境就很轻易能利用嘲讽了!

经由过程进修和利用像如许的短语,你可以很轻松地在各类环境下表达嘲讽。

Why don’t you give it a go? Part Four: What happens if you’re Misunderstood?

为甚么你不试一试呢?第四部门:若是你被误解了会产生甚么?

Hopefully by now you’re feeling confident enough to try being sarcastic! It’s important to go out and practice your new language skills so that you improve them.

希望到今朝为止,你对试着表达嘲讽有足够的信念!

到外面操练新的说话技能是很首要的,如许你才能有所提高。

Don’t worry about making mistakes—this is natural and it happens.

Now, let’s see how you can make it clear that you’re being sarcastic.

不要担忧出错误——这是自但是然会产生的事。

如今,让咱们看看你怎么能弄清晰你正在表达嘲讽。

It’s important that people can understand that your sarcasm is a joke and that you aren’t just being mean. Listen to this: Thanks for the help.

首要的是人们能理解你的嘲讽表达是一个打趣,你不是个繁言吝啬的人。

听这个:感激你的帮忙。

Good luck with that. I did not know that.

祝你好运。我不晓得。

That’ll be fun. Can you see the problem?

那会颇有趣。你发明问题了吗?

It’s not obvious if I’m being sarcastic or not, which can make things very confusing! Sometimes you can use intonation to show that you’re being sarcastic.

我是不是在表达嘲讽表示得其实不较着,这会让事变变得有些紊乱不清!

有时辰你可以用腔调来暗示你正在表达嘲讽。

Some people make sarcastic phrases flatter or more emotionless like this: Thanks for the help. Good luck with that.

有人在表达嘲讽时比力单调或缺乏些感情,像如许:感谢你的帮忙。祝你好运。

Other people might use a stronger intonation, drawing out the words to emphasise them, like this: I did not know that. That’ll be fun.

其别人可能会用更强烈的腔调,读单词的时辰拉长音或重读,像如许:我真的不晓得。那会颇有趣。

Can you tell the difference now? Thanks for the help!

你能发明区分吗?感谢帮手!

Thanks for the help. The first was genuine and the second was sarcastic, of course!

感谢帮手。第一个是真的暗示感激,而第二个是在嘲讽!

It’s important to remember that English is a very wide language with a lot of accents and personality, so sarcasm can sound different. Most people will know you’re being sarcastic from the context of the conversation.

首要的是要记着英语是一门很是遍及的说话,有不少口音和特征,以是嘲讽听起来可所以分歧的。大大都人经由过程对话的内容会晓得你在嘲讽。

Facial expressions also help to show people that you’re not being serious, so it’s important to use these too!

If you are misunderstood by someone, don’t worry!

脸部脸色也会对帮忙你向人们暗示你其实不是当真的,以是利用脸部脸色也很首要!

若是你被或人误会了,不要担忧!

It’s easy to make it clear that you weren’t being serious. You could say something like: I’m only joking.

讲清晰你方才其实不是当真的很轻易。你可以像这么说:我只是在开打趣。

Or:
牛津大学- 如何用英语表达讽刺 How to  Use Sarcasm in English插图
Just kidding! This makes it clear that what you said was a joke.

或:打趣罢了!这表白你适才说的是个打趣。

You could also tell them that you’re being sarcastic, by saying something like: I was being sarcastic. That was sarcasm.

你也能够奉告他们你是在表达嘲讽,可以说:我是在嘲讽。这是个嘲讽。

I didn’t mean that, it was sarcastic. That’s the end of our lesson.

我不是这个意思,这是个嘲讽。咱们的课程竣事了。

You made it all the way to the end of a short video! Well done!

你重新看完了这个短视频!干得不错!

What an achievement! I’m just kidding, of course!

真是成绩不凡啊!固然,我只是在开打趣。

You can see more of our free lessons on our website: oxfordonlineenglish. com. Thanks for watching!

感激旁观!

See you next time.

作者: admin

为您推荐

联系我们

联系我们

工作时间:周一至周五,9:00-17:30,节假日休息

关注微信
微信扫一扫关注我们

微信扫一扫关注我们

关注微博
返回顶部