美女老师 五步法教你如何自学英语

Hello everyone and welcome back to English With Lucy. 大师好,接待回到随着 Lucy 学英语。 Today, we&#8217…

Hello everyone and welcome back to English With Lucy.

大师好,接待回到随着 Lucy 学英语。

Today, we’re going to talk about whether you can learn English at home on your own.

今天咱们将会商你是不是可以本身在家进修英语。

I think you can, and I’m going to give you some tips and reco妹妹endations.

我认为你可以,并且我将给你一些提醒和建议。

It’s a pretty weird time, isn’t it?

如今是一个很奇异的时代,不是吗?

A lot of us are suddenly having to spend a lot of time on our own at home, but this does not mean that we have to put a pause on what we want to achieve, like learning a language.

咱们不少人忽然不能不在家里待很长时候,但这其实不象征着咱们必需暂停想要实现的方针,比方进修一种说话。

It is possible to continue learning a language on your own at home, and I’m not going to talk about all of the tried and tested methods, like watching TV shows, movies with subtitles, listening to the radio.

你可以在家继续本身进修说话,但我不漫谈论所有久经磨练的法子,比方旁观电视节目,带字幕的片子,收听播送。

I’ve mentioned all of that before.

我之条件到过所有这些法子。

These are new tips that are more relevant than ever before.

这些是新的技能,并且比以往任什么时候候都相干。

Let’s get straight into it.

咱们直接进入正题吧。

The first one is free conversation classes.

第一个是免费的对话课程。

If you want to learn to speak a language, you are going to have to practise conversing.

若是你想进修说一种说话,就必需操练对话。

I reached out to some of my students that I consider to be very, very successful, and I asked them what they are doing during lockdown.

我找到了一些我认为很是很是乐成的学生,问他们封闭时代在做甚么。

The one activity that came up time and time again, was online conversation classes.

被提到不少次的勾当就是在线对话课程。

I thought that was really interesting because I expected that they were paying for them, but it turns out that a lot of them are doing it for free.

我认为那真的颇有趣,由于我觉得他们要费钱,但究竟证实,不少人都是免费的。

This surprised me.

这让我很诧异。

I didn’t think that there would be people running online classes for free, but there are, and you can find them, and you can use them to improve your language skills on your own.

我不认为会有人免费供给在线课程,可是有,你可以找到它们,并可使用它们本身提高说话技术。

There are lots of non-profit, online co妹妹unities offering Zoom conversation lessons.

有很多非营利性的在线社区供给 Zoom 对话课程。

There are lots of teachers that offer these group sessions to advertise their private sessions as well.

有很多供给这些小组课程的教员也会鼓吹本身的私家课程。

Through the other tips, I’m going to provide links in the description box, but I’m not for this one because I don’t want to overwhelm a small group, basically.

在讲授其他技能的进程中,我将描写栏中供给链接,可是这一个我不会供给链接,由于根基上我不想让一小群人手足无措。

I will leave it to you to search websites like Meetup. com and Facebook and other language forums to find these Zoom groups.

我会请你们搜刮像 Meetup.com 和 Facebook 如许的网站和其他语谈吐坛来找到这些 Zoom 小组。

Sometimes they’re run by teachers and sometimes they’re run by students, learners of English, who want to meet other like-minded students and practise together.

有时是由教员谋划,有时是由学生谋划,想与其他志同志合的学生碰头并一块儿操练的英语进修者。

Most importantly, if you can’t find one of these groups or you can’t find one that suits you, why not try hosting one?

最首要的是,若是你找不到这些群体之一,或找不到合适你的群体,为甚么不测验考试组织一个呢?

I’m sure if you post in language forums or underneath YouTube videos, you will be able to find a group of like-minded people who also want to practise conversation with you.

我肯定若是你在语谈吐坛中或在YouTube视频下方公布的话,你会找到一群志同志合的人,他们也想和你操练对话。

You might think, well, that’s great, but how do I access proper feedback if nobody there is a professional teacher?

你可能会想,很好,可是若是没有专业的教员,我要若何得到得当的反馈呢?

Well, that brings me on to point number two, which comes thanks to the sponsor of today’s video, Busuu.

好吧,这使我想到了第二点,这要感激今天视频的援助商 Busuu。

When I was speaking to my students about learning from home on their own, there were two key problems that came up again and again and again.

当我与学生评论辩论独从容家进修时,有两个关头问题一次又一次呈现。

Motivation and access to feedback.

动力和得到反馈的机遇。

That’s where the Busuu comes in.

这就是 Busuu 的用武之地。

They have a solution for both of these problems.

他们可以解决这两个问题。

If you haven’t heard of Busuu before, it’s a global language learning co妹妹unity on both desktop and mobile, which I know is very important to some of you.

若是你之前从未据说过 Busuu,它是一个全世界说话进修社区,可以在台式机和挪动装备上利用,我晓得这对某些人来讲很是首要。

They have loads of language courses that you can take to practise your speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English, and many other languages like Spanish and Japanese.

他们供给大量说话课程,你可以经由过程它们操练英语和其它说话比方西班牙语和日语的白话,听力,浏览和写作。

On this platform, you can connect with speakers of the language that you are learning and receive feedback.

在这个平台上,你可以与说你所学说话的人举行接洽并收到反馈。

Feedback is like gold dust when you’re learning a language.

进修说话时,反馈就像金粉同样。

It is so valuable, but it’s often very hard to find, especially if you are learning a very popular language.

它很是有价值,可是凡是很难找到,特别当你进修的是一种很是风行的说话。

They also have this amazing study plan tool, which is going to help you stay motivated.

他们也有这个了不得的进修规划东西,它将帮忙你连结动力。

It breaks the language down and reminds you when and what to study, allowing you to set realistic goals.

它可以分化说话并提示你进修时候和内容,让你设置实际的方针。

When I start focusing on learning a language, I get overwhelmed.

当我起头专注于进修说话时,我会手足无措。

I don’t know where to start.

我不晓得从哪起头。

This breaks it down for you.

它可觉得你分化。

To sign up to pursue and explore what they have to offer, click on the link in the description box.

要想注册来探访他们所供给的办事,请单击描写栏中的链接。

You can sign up for free, or you can choose to get a premium account, which has loads of additional features.

你可以避免费注册,也能够选择获得高档帐户,此中包括很多其他功效。

They are offering my students an extra 30% discount on all memberships.

他们为我的学生供给所有会员都可享受30%的分外扣头。

Use my code, Lucy30 to take advantage of that offer.

利用我的代码 Lucy30 来操纵这个优惠。

Let’s move on to number three, accountability partners or accountability buddies.

让咱们继续讲第三点,责任合股人或问责制火伴。

This one depends on your personality and whether you like working under pressure or not.

这取决于你的性情和你是不是喜好在压力下事情。

I know that I work best under pressure, so this tip is one that I’ve used a lot in the past.

我晓得我在压力下@事%85ar4%情得最%96R2n%佳@,以是这个技能是我曩昔常常利用的技能。

When people embark on a difficult challenge, like losing weight or running a marathon, they often find it easier to do it with someone, somebody that’s going to act as an extra push of motivation, because sometimes if you don’t feel like doing something, but you see someone that you’re close to doing that thing, it pushes you and it persuades you to do what you don’t necessarily want to do.

当人们面对艰难的挑战时,比方减肥或加入马拉松角逐,他们常常发明与其别人一块儿会变得更易,其别人会成为分外的动力,由于有时若是你不想做某事,可是你看到你亲近的某小我也在做那件事,那末这会鞭策你,并说服你去做你不必定想要的事变。

This applies to me.

这合用于我。

If I see my fiance Will, doing lots of exercise and going to the gym, I feel far more inclined to join him.

若是我看到未婚夫威尔,做不少活动,去健身房,我更偏向于参加他。

You can do this with language learning too.

你也能够把它操纵到进修说话上。

You can find an accountability partner.

您可以找到一个责任火伴。

I bet there’s a nicer name for it.

我想它有个更好听的名字。

English buddy, or something like that, or a motivation mate.

英语哥们,或雷同的说法,或动力朋友。

Somebody that you can be in touch with, you can check in when you’ve done your study session, you can share something new that you’ve learned.

你可以接洽的人,你可以在完成进修课程后跟他打卡,可以与之分享你学到的新常识的人。

You can compare techniques.

你们可以比力技能。

This can all be done over WhatsApp or text message or email, but forming a friendship with someone and being in the same situation, offering those kind words, when you need to, offering those motivational words, when they need them.

这些均可以经由过程 WhatsApp 或短信或电子邮件完成,但要与或人创建交情并处于不异的地步,并在你必要的时辰说那些友爱的话,,在他们必要时说那些鼓励性的话语。

I had this when I was learning Spanish at school with my friend Tasman.

我在黉舍学西班牙语的时辰就是跟我的朋侪塔斯曼这么做的。

She was amazing.

她很是好。

We always spoke to each other on WhatsApp in Spanish, and when I heard that she had joined a new conversation class or something like that, I felt really motivated.

咱们一向在 WhatsApp 用西班牙语相互扳谈,当我据说她加入了新的会话课程或雷同课程时那,我真的颇有动力。

There was a little element of competition as well.

此中也有一点竞争的象征。

It’s whatever you like.

随意你喜好。

Maybe you don’t like competition.

或许你不喜好竞争。

Maybe you do.

或许你喜好。

Maybe you just want someone to say nice words.

或许你只是想让他人说些好话。

Maybe you want somebody to tell you off.

或许你但愿有人训戒你。

I don’t necessarily reco妹妹end that, but everybody learns in different ways.

我不必定建议如许做,可是每小我都有分歧的进修法子。

Number four, listen to specific podcasts.

第四,听特定的播客。

I’ve mentioned podcasts before.

我之条件到过播客。

I’ve got lots that I reco妹妹end.

我举荐过不少。

I absolutely love podcasts because you can multitask.

我绝对喜好播客,由于你可以同心专心多用。

I love running and listening to something educational, whilst I’m doing exercise, seems like an excellent use of my time.

我喜好跑步,在熬炼的同时听一些有教诲意义的内容,这彷佛充实地操纵了我的时候。

If you want to
美女老师 五步法教你如何自学英语插图
improve your listening and pronunciation, the most amazing way to do it is to listen to a podcast whilst reading the transcript at the same time.

若是你想改良听力和发音,最使人诧异的法子就是在收听播客的同时浏览文本。

I always reco妹妹end that with audio books, but I’m focusing on podcasts today.

我老是建议有声书,但今天我只讲播客。

What I’m talking about is something that I think all podcasters should do, adding transcripts to your podcasts.

我说的是我认为所有播客都应当如许做,将字幕添加到你的播客中。

It’s great for language learning.

这对说话进修很是有效。

It’s also so important for accessibility.

这对付可拜候性也很首要。

If you’re hard of hearing, you’re missing out on a lot if there aren’t transcriptions provided.

若是你听不清,若是没有文本供给,你就会错过不少内容。

There is a fantastic website that I’ve found that nearly solves this problem.

我发明有一个很棒的网站几近解决了这个问题。

I think many of you will find it very, very useful, indeed.

我想你们中的很多人确切会发明它
美女老师 五步法教你如何自学英语插图1
很是很是有效。

If there is a podcast that you like, one of the popular podcasts that does not provide transcriptions, there is a website called Podscribe.

若是 你有喜好的播客,此中一个很受接待的播客不供给文本,有一个名为 Podscribe 的网站。

I’ll put all the links in the description box, but basically because there is a cost associated with generating transcriptions, this website offers you the opportunity to pay for a transcription to be generated.

我将所有链接放在描写栏里,但根基上是由于天生文本会有用度,以是这个网站为你供给了付出天生的文本的用度的机遇。

It’s often between five and $7 per hour-long episode.

每小时一集的用度凡是在5到7美元之间。

Once you have made that donation, those transcriptions are then there, available for everyone.

若是你完成捐钱,这些文本就会提供应每小我利用。

So, it’s a real co妹妹unity thing.

是以,这是真实的社区的气力。

If 500 people just made that one donation, then there are podcast transcriptions for 500 episodes out there.

若是500人每小我捐赠一份,那末就会有 500 集的播客文本。

I really reco妹妹end taking a look.

我真的建议去看看。

Lots of transcriptions have already been donated and you can also donate some other ones, so you’re not only helping yourself.

很多文本已被捐赠,你还可以捐赠一些其他的内容,如许你不但是在帮忙本身。

You’re helping other people as well.

你也在帮他人。

Not just people that are learning languages, people that have a disability as well.

不只是进修说话的人,另有残障的人。

What a fantastic idea.

真是个好主张。

There are such marvellous people on the planet.

这个星球上有这么棒的人。

There really are.

真的有。

The last one, number five is imitation, a topic I’ve spoken about a lot before.

最后一个,第五个是仿照,这是我以前谈到过不少的话题。

It’s what I did when I was learning Spanish.

这是我进修西班牙语时所做的事变。

It really helped me achieve natural fluid pronunciation.

它真的帮忙我实现了天然流利的发音。

It’s no secret that I used to live in Spain, and when I conversed with my Spanish friends, I looked at their mouths, which sounds weird, but it’s not.

我曾住在西班牙,这已不是甚么机密了,当我和我的西班牙朋侪对话时,我会看着他们的嘴,听起来很奇异,但究竟并不是如斯。

Instead of making eye contact, I would make eye to mouth contact, and I would look at their lips and their lip position and their mouth shape.

不是举行眼神交换,我会举行眼唇交换,我会看看他们的嘴唇,嘴唇的位置和嘴巴的外形。

I’d look at where they put their tongues in their mouth and how their teeth were in comparison to their tongues.

我会看他们把舌头放在嘴巴哪里,和牙齿与舌头的相对于位置。

I probably made them feel a bit uncomfortable.

我可能会让他们感触不惬意。

So, that is one of the beauties of studying at home on your own.

以是,这就是在家本身进修的夸姣之一。

You can do this without embarrassment.

你可以绝不为难地做到这一点。

All you need is a mirror and a smart device.

你所必要的只是一壁镜子和一台智能装备。

Take a video of somebody speaking slowly and clearly.

找出一段视频,内里的人措辞迟钝而清楚。

If you really like the way somebody speaks, but they speak quite quickly, play around with slowing them down.

若是你真的很喜好或人措辞的方法,可是他们措辞很快,请慢放他们的视频。

You can do this on YouTube.

你可以在 YouTube 上这么做。

Sometimes it doesn’t work so well.

有时结果不是很好。

Make sure it’s a video where you can clearly see their mouth.

确保在这个视频里你可以清晰地看到他们的嘴。

Hold the video up to your face.

把视频举到眼前。

Play the video.

播放视频。

Hold the mirror up to your face.

把镜子放到你眼前。

Recreate the mouth movements and the intonation and the tongue position.

再现嘴巴的动作,语和谐舌头的位置。

If there is a sound that you just can’t grasp, this technique will really, really help you.

若是有个音你就是没法把握,这个技能确切会对你有所帮忙。

When people try to improve their public speaking, whether they’re learning a new language or doing it in their own native language, it is often reco妹妹ended that they practise in front of a mirror.

当人们试图提高他们的公然演讲技能时,不管他们是进修新说话仍是用本身的母语说,凡是会建议他们在镜子前操练。

This is very much the same.

这也是同样的事理。

It’s about getting more comfortable. Right?

这是为了变得加倍恬静。对吗?

That’s it for today’s lesson.

今天的课程就是如许。

I really hope you enjoyed it and I really hope you can take some of these tips and put them into practise.

我真的但愿你喜好它,我真的但愿你可以将此中的一些技能付诸实践。

A big thank you once again, to the sponsor of today’s video, Busuu.

再次感激今天的视频援助商 Busuu。

Remember that you can sign up for free or you can get one of their premium memberships, and you can claim a 30% off with my code LUCY30.

请记着,你可以避免费注册或你也能够成为他们的高档会员,而且可使用我的代码 Lucy30 享受30%的扣头。

The link is in the description box.

链接在描写栏里。

Don’t forget to connect with me on all of my social media.

不要健忘在我所有的社交媒体上与我接洽。

I’ve got my Facebook, my Instagram, and my website, Englishwithlucy. co. uk.

我有脸书、INS,和我的网站 Englishwithlucy.co.uk。

There you can access my mailing list and previous lessons and PDFs as well.

在那边你可以拜候我的邮件列表和之前的课程和 PDF。

I’ll see you soon for another lesson.

作者: admin

为您推荐

联系我们

联系我们

工作时间:周一至周五,9:00-17:30,节假日休息

关注微信
微信扫一扫关注我们

微信扫一扫关注我们

关注微博
返回顶部