Hello, everyone and welcome back to “English With Lucy.”
大师好,接待回到随着 Lucy 学英语。
Today, I have brought you to my favourite window and outside of this window is my favourite tree.
今天我带你们来到我最喜好的窗户边,这个窗户外面是我最喜好的树。
It’s a willow tree.
那是一棵柳树。
Many of you might not know this about me.
你们不少人可能不领会我的这一壁。
Some of you might know this, but I live on a farm in England and I thought it would be nice for you to see some of the surroundings in the farm whilst we do this lesson.
你们中有些人可能晓得,可是我住在英格兰的一个农场,我认为可以或许在上课的时辰看看农场里的一些情况是很好的。
Let me know if you like it or if you find it distracting.
请奉告我你是不是喜好它,或你是不是发明它让你分心。
Now in this lesson, I’m going to talk to you about motivation, but importantly, about the perfect study routine.
在本节课中,我要和你谈谈动力,但更首要的是,关于完善的进修习气。
I know that lots of you feel that you lack motivation, and one thing that can really, really help is implementing a good study routine.
我晓得不少人感觉本身缺少动力,而真正可以或许帮忙你的一件事是施行杰出的进修老例。
But that can feel quite daunting.
可是这可能会让人感受望而却步。
Daunting means intimidating or something that seems very difficult or scary.
使人生畏的意思是使人不寒而栗,或看上很坚苦或吓人的工具。
In this video, I am going to help you out.
在这个视频中,我将帮忙你们离开窘境。
I’m going to show you how you can incorporate and include every English language skill into different parts of your day.
我将向你们展现若何将英语技术交融到你一天中的分歧阶段。
We will start with the morning, move on to the daytime, then to the afternoon, and then to the evening.
咱们从清晨起头,然后到白日,然后移到下战书再到晚上。
Ah, quickly, I have some housekeeping.
啊,快点,我还要做家务呢。
If you want to receive news lessons from me, then sign up to my email list where I’ll be keeping you all updated.
若是你想从我这里接管消息和课程,那末请注册到我的电子邮件列表中,我会给所有人更新内容。
The link is in the description box.
链接就在描写栏里。
So shall we get started?
那末咱们能起头了吗?
So let’s start with the morning.
咱们先从早上起头说吧。
Now, are you a morning person?
你是个夙起的人吗?
That’s the first question.
这是第一个问题。
A morning person is someone who is great in the mornings.
一个夙起的人指的是早上状况很好的人。
You can also call them an early bird.
你也能够把他们叫做早鸟。
The opposite of this would be a night owl, somebody who thrives in the nighttime.
与之相反的是夜猫子,在晚上精力奕奕的人。
Tell me if you’re an early bird or a night owl.
奉告我你是早鸟仍是夜猫子。
My problem is that in the mornings, my eyes are blurry and I can’t read anything, I can’t watch anything on the TV.
我的问题是早上我的眼睛很模胡,我看不进去任何工具,我看不到电视上的任何内容。
So I think that the best skill to practise in the morning is your listening skills.
我认为早上最合适操练的是你的听力技能。
And this is a good thing to do because for many students, the listening skills are their least favourite skills to learn.
这是一件功德,由于对付很多学生来讲,听力技能他们最不喜好进修的技术。
It’s the skill that they struggle the most with.
这是最使他们痛楚的技术。
I know this because I learned Spanish and Italian and I was always petrified, really, really scared of the listening exams.
我晓得这一点是由于我学过西班牙语和意大利语,以是真的很惧怕听力测验。
Can anyone else relate to this?
有人能懂这个吗?
Reading up here, speaking, maybe here, writing up here, listening down here.
浏览在这,白话可能在这,写作在这里,听在这下面。
It’s hard skill, it really, really is.
这确切是一项坚苦的技术。
So don’t beat yourself up about it.
以是不要为此而懊恼。
Don’t give yourself a hard time.
不要让本身太辛劳。
Instead, make your listening skills the thing that you practise every single morning.
相反地,操纵天天早上操练听力技能。
I love it when my students ask for listening practise reco妹妹endations because I have so many reco妹妹endations and I’m going to put them in the description box, but I’ll talk about some of them here.
我喜好学生扣问听力操练的举荐,由于我有不少要举荐的内容,我会把它们都写在描写栏里,可是我要在这里说一些。
A great one is to find a daily podcast, a nice, short podcast, something that you enjoy listening to in English and make a habit of listening to it, first thing every morning.
一个很棒的法子就是找到一个逐日播客,一个不错的简短的播客,你喜好用英语听的工具,养成听它的习气,作为天天早上的第一件事。
Maybe you’re in bed, maybe you’ve just got up and you’re having a coffee.
或许你还在床上,或许你刚起床正在喝咖啡。
One that’s really relevant at the moment, the BBC have a global coronavirus update every morning, and it’s only around six minutes long and it covers the world.
一个今朝很是相干的内容就是 BBC 天天早上城市更新全世界新冠疫情,而这大要只有六分钟长,而它笼盖了全部世界。
So you could know what’s going on with the coronavirus around the world.
以是你可以晓得世界各地的新冠疫情怎么了。
That’s a good reco妹妹endation if you want to know relevant vocabulary.
若是你想领会相干辞汇,这是一个很好的举荐。
Another is BBC News, I especially like Radio 4, another really great one is Luke’s English Podcast.
另外一个是 BBC 消息,我出格喜好电台4频道,另外一个很棒的是卢克的英语播客。
This is one I often reco妹妹end to my students.
这是我常常向我的学生举荐的一个。
I will leave his website down there as well.
我将鄙人面留下他的网站。
He started that podcast in 2009 and he has made so many fantastic episodes.
他从2009年起头阿谁播客节目,并且他做了那末多出色的节目。
One thing I will reco妹妹end if you’re listening to a shorter episode, try to listen to it twice.
若是你听的节目比力短,我建议你听两次。
I know it can be boring, but it’s so helpful if you can do that.
我晓得这可能很无聊,但若你能做到,会颇有帮忙的。
And if you can find one with a transcript, listen to it with no transcript first and then read along with it the second time.
若是你可以或许找到一个有文稿的,先不看文稿听一遍,然后带着文稿听一遍。
This is more appropriate for the shorter podcasts.
这更合适较短的播客。
Right, so I reco妹妹end listening skills for the morning.
对,以是我建议早上操练听力技能。
Obviously, you can mix these around.
明显,你可以将这些法子夹杂利用。
These are just really good ideas for incorporating English practise into your daily life.
这些都是很是好的将英语操练融入你的平常糊口的好点子。
This is what I would ideally do if I were learning a language, but let’s move on to speaking skills.
若是我正在进修一种说话,这就是我的抱负选择,不外咱们继续讲白话技能吧。
You can do this at anytime of the day.
你可以在在一天中的任什么时候间做这件事。
I prefer to do it in the daytime.
我更喜好在白日举行。
Now this little segment of the video is sponsored by Lingoda and their Language Sprint.
视频的这一小部门由 Lingoda 和他们的说话冲刺勾当援助。
Now in a perfect daily study routine, you would be able to take a class with a qualified teacher every single day.
在一个完善的平常进修老例中,你可以每天都随着及格的教员上课。
There is actually a way that you can do this and gain 100% of your money back.
现实上,你可以做到这一点并得到100%的返现。
With Lingoda’s Language Sprint, you can learn to speak a language confidently in just three months, gain 100% cash back and gain free access to the Cambridge Online Speaking Test.
操纵 Lingoda 的说话冲刺勾当,你可以在三个月内学会自傲地说一种说话,而且可以或许得到100%的现金返还,还可以或许免费加入剑桥在线白话测验。
You just need to take one of their 24/7 classes every day for three months, and get your course fees completely refunded.
你只必要持续三个月天天加入一节他们全天候供给的课程,便可以得到课程用度的全额退款。
Click on the link in the description box to check the dates for this Sprint, but be quick because if the spaces are filled or you miss the deadline, you will miss out.
请点击描写栏中的链接来检察本次冲刺勾当的日期,可是要快点,由于若是席位都满了或你错过了最后刻日,那末你就没法加入。
The Super Sprint offers 100% refund, and there is so the Lighter Regular Sprint option which offers a 50% refund.
超等冲刺勾当可以或许100%退款,另有较轻的通例冲刺选项,可供给50%的退款。
You can join the Sprint in English, German, French, Spanish, and business English, from beginner to advanced levels.
你可以加入英语、德语、法语、西班牙语,和商务英语的冲刺勾当,级别从低级到高档。
I’m really happy to share this opportunity with you because I’ve had first hand experience of how effective the Lingoda Language challenges can be.
我很欢快能把这个机遇分享给你,由于我切身体验过Lingoda 说话挑战有多有用。
They’ve transformed many of my students’ lives.
他们扭转了我很多学生的糊口。
They love Lingoda because they can interact with amazing qualified teachers, any day, anytime, anywhere.
他们爱 Lingoda,由于他们可以随时随地与有天资的教员互动。
Group sizes are really small and over 30,000 students have participated in previous language challenges with many of them becoming able to get new jobs and overcome their fear of speaking.
小组范围很小,并且跨越3万论理学生加入了之前的说话挑战,此中很多人找到了新事情并降服了他们对白话的惧怕。
So how can you participate?
那末你若何加入呢?
Sign up before the deadline and pay your deposit to secure your spot.
在截止日期以前注册并付出押金来确保您的位置。
You can use my code, SCHOOL 107 for 10 euros off.
你可使用我的优惠码 SCHOOL 107 得到10欧元的减免。
Lingoda will refund your course fees in full, together with that deposit if you attend an agreed amount of classes within each Sprint month by following the contest rules.
若是你遵照法则,在每一个冲刺月份加入了规定命量的课程,Lingoda 将连同押金一块儿退还你的课程用度。
Lingoda doesn’t know this, but I secretly joined one of their Language Sprint Facebook groups, and it was amazing when all the refunds came through, everyone was so excited.
Lingoda 还不晓得,但我偷偷参加了他们的说话冲刺的一个Facebook 小组,当退款都到账时,每小我都很是冲动。
People do genuinely receive this refund.
大师真的可以收到退款。
Remember, places in the Sprint are limited.
请记着,冲刺的席位有限。
This is a language school, spaces fill up.
这是说话黉舍,学位有限。
So you have the link in the description box. You have my code, SCHOOL 107 for 10 euros off.
以是你有描写栏中的链接,你有我的优惠码 SCHOOL 107 得到10欧元的减免。
What are you waiting for?
你还在等甚么?
So we’ve covered speaking with a partner there.
以是咱们已讲了和火伴对话。
What about practising speaking alone?
那末独自操练白话呢?
Because that’s something I know a lot of people have been asking about throughout the pandemic, especially.
由于那是我晓得不少人都在问的问题,特别是疫情时代。
Well, there are so many options and resources available for you, many of them free.
嗯,有不少可供你选择的选项和资本,不少都是免费的。
Something that I loved doing when I was learning Spanish and Italian, Spanish in particular, was mimicking people.
我在进修西班牙语和意大利语时喜好做的事变,特别是学西班牙语的时辰,就是仿照人们。
And they have no idea that I did this, but I found someone with an accent that I liked and I would pause it and repeat it and pause them and repeat it.
他们不晓得我在如许做,可是我找到了一个有我喜好的口音的人,然后我会我会暂停,然后反复一遍,再暂停,再反复。
I have actually uploaded quite a few videos with space for you to repeat the word after me or the phrase after me, I think I’ve done co妹妹on idioms, co妹妹on objectives, co妹妹on nouns as well recently.
我现实上已上传了不少留有给你们反复我说的单词或短语的空间的视频,我想我做过了常见习语,常见形容词,近来还做了常见名词。
I’ll link those down below, but definitely, take advantage of the space I leave afterwards to repeat after me ’cause it does work.
我会把链接放到下面,但必定要操纵我留下的空间反复我的话,由于它确切有效。
Another thing that I really love to do is to narrate what I’m doing.
另外一件我很喜好做的事就是论述本身在做甚么。
I act as if I’m in a movie and that somebody is narrating my life, but there is one very specific situation where I do actually explain out loud what I am doing as I’m doing it in another language.
我会伪装本身在片子中,然后有人在论述我的糊口,可是有一个很是特别的场景,我在用另外一种说话高声诠释我在做的事变。
So for you, this is probably English, for me, it’s normally Spanish.
可能对你来讲是英语,对我来讲,凡是是西班牙语。
I like to create my own personal cooking shows.
我喜好建造我本身的烹调节目。
I live on a farm, I’m marrying a farmer.
我住在农场上,我要嫁给一个农夫。
I spend a lot of time alone.
我不少时候都在独处。
So when I cook, I try to make it a little more exciting for myself.
以是当我做饭的时辰,我会测验考试做一些让我我本身很愉快的事变。
And I explain to an invisible audience and invisible TV camera what I’m doing.
我会向看不见的观众和看不见的摄像机诠释我在做甚么。
And it is so good for practising your speaking.
它很是合适操练你的白话。
Honestly, try it.
说真的,试一下。
And if you dare, film yourself and watch it later, hilarious.
若是你敢的话,把本身拍下来然后再看,很可笑。
Those videos will go with me to the grave.
那些视频会随着我进棺材。
That means that I will die with these videos.
这象征着我死的时辰会带着这些视频。
No one else will see them.
没有其别人会看到它们。
Right, so we move on to the afternoon.
好的,咱们继续说下战书。
So in the afternoon, I reco妹妹end that you practise your writing and your reading skills.
以是在下战书我建议你操练写作和浏览技能。
I just feel that this is the perfect relaxing time of day.
我只是感觉这是一天中完善的放松韶光。
If you are a student, you can take a break from studying.
若是你是一个学生,你可以从在进修之余苏息一下。
If you have a job and you work throughout the day, and I’m talking about taking a short break or doing this when you get home from work.
若是你是个上班族而且成天事情,那我的意思是就是短少憩息一下或在放工回家的时辰如许做。
Now reading’s quite an obvious one.
浏览如今很普及。
I can reco妹妹end any sort of media like books, fiction, nonfiction, newspapers.
我可以举荐任何一种前言,像是书籍,虚构小说,纪实小说,报纸。
One thing that I’ve discovered recently that I absolutely love is the “Happy Newspaper.”
我近来发明的我的最爱是“快活报”。
I was getting really, really down and depressed about all of the negative news in the world.
我那时真的很懊丧,对付世界上的各类负面消息感触懊丧。
And whilst I still think it’s important to read that news, I needed something that I could have for a bit of me time, a bit of positivity.
当我仍然认为浏览消息很首要时,我必要一些我可以找回本身的时候,一些踊跃的工具。
And there is a newspaper called the “Happy Newspaper.”
这时候呈现了一个叫做“快活报”的报纸。
I’ve checked and it’s available internationally.
我已查抄过了,全球均可以获得它。
It’s a small newspaper that shares only happy, good stories.
这是一家只分享快活故事的小报纸。
And so that could be a really nice option for you if every afternoon you just sit down and choose a number of good, happy stories that you are going to read.
若是天天下战书坐下来选一些你要读的快活故事,这对你来讲多是一个很是不错的选择。
It could be five, it could be seven, they’re quite addictive or you could time yourself and say, right, I’m gonna do 10 minutes of happy reading.
多是五个故事,多是七个故事,很轻易上瘾,或你可以计时,就说,好的,我要举行10分钟的快活浏览。
I will link that particular newspaper down below.
我会将把报纸的链接放鄙人面。
I am a subscriber, let me know if you go for it because I’d love to share opinions on the stories.
我定阅了报纸,若是你想要定阅,请奉告我,由于我喜好分享我对上面故事的见解。
I absolutely love it.
我真的很喜好它。
What a great idea.
这是一个很棒的主张。
Now obviously, there are books as well.
明显我也看书。
I feel like I should make a separate video on books that are appropriate for each level of English, but there is one in particular that I will mention.
我想我应当做一个零丁的视频先容合适每一个英语程度浏览的书籍,可是有一个视频我要出格提到。
And it’s actually a series, it’s Olly Richards’.
这其实是一个系列,那就是 Olly Richards’。
He runs the website, IWillTeachYouaLanguage, and he has a series of books called “Short Stories” in so many languages.
他谋划着一个网站,叫做 IWillTeachYouaLanguage,他有一个系列叫做“短篇故事”,有多种说话。
There is one in English.
有一个是英语的。
I’ve just ordered the Swedish one as well because I’m feeling particularly drawn to that language at the moment.
我方才还下单了一个瑞典语的,由于我如今对这个说话很感乐趣。
So they’re stories for beginners, but you can read at a nice pace, pick up new vocabulary.
这些是合适初学者的故事,可是你可以轻松浏览,把握新辞汇。
They’re really, really fantastic.
它们真的很棒。
Again, link down below.
一样链接也鄙人面。
I just think it’s so lovely that there are short stories available for any beginner in a language.
我只是认为有短篇小说可供某种说话的初学者选择是很好的。
Now let’s move on to writing.
如今咱们继续说写作。
So in the afternoon or potentially the evening, I feel like some people might prefer the evening.
以是在@下%adZ33%战%adZ33%书或多%kYV21%是@晚上,我感觉有些人可能更喜好晚上。
It depends on how chaotic your household is.
这取决于你的家里有多喧闹。
If you have a more peaceful time in the afternoon, then the afternoon is best.
若是你下战书有更恬静的时候,那末下战书最佳。
One thing I really reco妹妹end is looking into bullet journaling.
我真正建议的一件事是写枪弹日志。
This is something that has been talked about extensively on YouTube.
这是在 YouTube 上遍及会商的工具。
There was a real trend a couple of years ago with people showing their bullet journals, but don’t discount how effective this can be for language learning.
这个趋向几年前很风行,人们展现他们的枪弹日志可是不要小视它对付说话进修的结果。
You can use bullet journals to track your exercise, your sleep, your food, but I would use it to track your vocabulary and your language skills that you’ve picked up and how you’ve been feeling when speaking in the other language and documenting what you’ve practised.
你可以操纵枪弹式日志来追踪的熬炼、睡眠、饮食,但我会用它来追踪你的辞汇和说话能力,和在用其它说话发言时的感觉并记实你的操练。
Another thing I will reco妹妹end is real pen pals, okay?
我会举荐的另外一件事就是真实的笔友,好吗?
So a pen pal is somebody who you write to.
以是笔友是你写信的工具。
And now there are lots of language exchange websites which are fantastic, I also reco妹妹end that you do that.
如今有不少很棒的说话互换网站,我也建议你如许做。
But one thing that must not be forgotten is the power of a written letter and how it can make you feel and how it can motivate you.
但有一点必定不克不及健忘,那就是书面信件的气力和它给你的感受,和它若何鼓励你。
Receiving a letter that somebody has written to you by hand and having to write a written response, it almost provides an obligation to you.
收到或人给你的手写信件,而且要写书面的回信,这几近让你有了写作的义务。
You feel that you must understand it completely and you must respond adequately.
你感觉你必需彻底理解信件,而且你必需充实地复兴。
Sometimes in English, when we want to refer to postal mail, not email or anything online, we call it snail mail ’cause it takes such a long time to travel like a snail.
有时辰咱们会想用英语写信件,而不是电子邮件或任何其它在线内容,咱们称它为“蜗牛邮件”,由于它像蜗牛同样要花很长时候。
And there’s a website called globalpenfriends. com, and you can use that website to find a physical snail mail pen pal.
有一个名为 globalpenfriends.com 的网站,你可使用这个网站找一个真正的蜗牛邮件笔友。
See if you can find an English speaking pen pal or maybe another pen pal that is also learning English and start a pen friendship with them.
看看你是不是可以找到说英语的笔友,或另外一个在进修英语的笔友,并与他们创建笔友瓜葛。
You can send gifts, postcards, talk about where you’re from, what you like to do.
你可以寄礼品、明信片,评论辩论你来自哪里,你喜好做甚么。
It’s a really fantastic way of practising your writing.
这是操练写作的绝佳方法。
And if the other person agrees to it, you can ask them to send back your letter with corrections, but only if they are up for it.
若是对方赞成,你可以请求他们对你的信举行改正,但条件是他们愿意如许做。
If they are writing to you in your language that they are learning, you can also return the corrections.
若是他们用你的说话写信给你,他们正在进修你的说话,你也能够给他们复兴更正的内容。
Right back to the evening.
如今说回晚上。
I really, really reco妹妹end going back to listening skills.
我真的建议回到听力技能。
You want to rest your eyes and just have something that will help you drift to sleep.
你得苏息一下眼睛,而且听一些可以帮忙你快速睡眠的工具。
And I found a fantastic app for this.
而我发明了一个很是合适如许做的很棒的 APP。
It’s called Calm.
它叫做 Calm。
A friend actually reco妹妹ended this app to me because I was having some trouble with some stress and I was struggling to go to sleep.
究竟上是我的朋侪给我举荐的这个 APP,由于我那时有些压力,晚上睡不着。
I was struggling to let go of my phone as well.
我也很难放下我的手机。
So now I can use this app, put my phone away and just listen.
以是如今我可使用这个 APP,把我的手机放到一边用心听。
This app Calm has guided meditations and relaxing music, but most importantly, it has bedtime stories in English.
Calm 这个步伐有指导冥想和轻松的音乐,但最首要的是它有英语睡前故事。
And sometimes these stories are read by celebrities with very appealing voices.
有时这些故事是用名流那吸惹人的声音读出来的。
And as soon as I heard these stories, I just thought of my students, what a lovely way to go to sleep with English in your brain, but in a relaxing way, one final bit of language practise before you hit the pillow.
一听到这些故事,我就想到了我的学生们,真是一个让本身大脑布满英语的可爱的睡眠方法,,但以轻松的方法在你睡觉前的最后一点说话操练。
There are also many other apps that have bedtime stories as well.
另有不少其他有睡前故事的 APP。
I’m sure you can search for those, but I found calm very good.
我信赖你可以找到那些,但我感觉 Calm 很是好。
Right, that’s it for today’s video.
好的,这就是今天的视频。
I hope you enjoyed it.
我但愿你喜好它。
I hope you enjoyed seeing my favourite tree, but do let me know if you found it distracting or if you didn’t like it.
我但愿你喜好看我最喜好的树,但若你感觉它分离你的注重力或你不喜好它,请奉告我。
I won’t do every video like this, but I enjoy showing you a little bit more about where I am and what I do.
我不会像如许录
每个视频,可是我喜好向你们展现更多有关我地点处所和我做的事变的信息。
If you are interested in what I do in my daily life, then you can follow my vlogging channel.
若是你对我的平常糊口感乐趣,那末你可以存眷我的视频播客频道。
It’s called “Lucy Bella.”
它叫做 Lucy Bella。
I’ve put the link down there as well, and I show my life on a farm in the English countryside.
我也把链接放在了下面,我展现了在一个英国村落农场里的糊口。
Don’t forget to check out Lingoda to as well.
另有别忘了检察 Lingoda。
Click on the link in the description box to check the dates for the latest Sprint and to sign up and use my code, SCHOOL 107 for 10 euros off.
点击描写框栏的链接检察最新冲刺的日期并注册,并利用我的优惠码 SCHOOL 107 得到 10 欧元的减免。
Don’t forget to connect with me on all of my social media.
别忘了在我所有的社交媒体上接洽我。
I’ve got my Facebook, my Instagram and my email lists.
我有脸书、INS 和电子邮件列表。
So you can receive emails from me.
如许你便可以收到我的电子邮件了。
I will see you soon for another lesson.